Overview Electrical jobs
Electrical Power Systems Engineer Job
Focus Engineering is currently looking for an Electrical Power Systems Engineer for a client active in the Marine Industry in the region of Vlissingen.
This concern the possibility to fill both a temporary (at least 1 year) and permanent vacancy.
You role as an Electrical Power Systems Engineer is working from the FEED phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations related to the Electrical Propulsion systems. During the construction and commissioning phase of the project you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables.
You will work closely with the Propulsion System Integration engineers for delivering a completely integrated Propulsion system. You are responsible for technical and practical knowledge to turn this into solid and innovative designs. You will contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, drawings and test/validation plans.
- You perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- You participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- You align internally with other engineering disciplines about solutions and specifications.
- You compose technical/functional specification documents, particularly Propulsion Control and Power Management system specifications.
- You verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- You perform electrical and automation interfacing of the several propulsion components with the Propulsion Control System and Power Management System.
- You perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- You ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- You offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- You offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- You manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- You contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- You develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering. Marine Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical Power systems and preferably related to Electrical Propulsion.
- Experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and drive systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in the design of Propulsion Control and Power Management systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliance precautions.
- Experienced to work on Class-regulated products and in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors and to work in complex project environments.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, preferably also German (written & verbal).
- A competitive salary or hourly rate
- Direct introduction to the line manager
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports