Overview Control & Automation jobs
Control System & Instrumentation Engineer Job
Focus Engineering is currently looking for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer for an Owner in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
This concerns direct permanent employment with our client.
In this job, you will be part of the global Process Control & Instrumentation subject matter team. You will be a primary contact for all technical questions in this field. You will interface with Plant Manager and Lead Engineer of several sites across Europe.
The Job: Control System & Instrumentation Engineer
- You are responsible for carrying out Control System & Instrumentation projects from scope definition to commissioning.
- You will write Functional Design Specifications for Control Systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS).
- You are responsible for Instrumentation specification; producing data-sheets, vendor requisitions, ordering field instruments, control valves and flow measurement devices.
- Participating in the design of P&ID’s
- The focus of the design engineering activities is mainly on the Control Systems:
- You will translate control & safeguarding narratives into a software control system design
- You are involved in field inspection and maintenance shutdowns.
- You are involved in programming shutdowns and carrying out loop checks.
- You will perform FAT and SAT commissioning activities.
- You are in the field to check the compliance of the Design Engineering with the Commissioning activities.
- You will oversee the work of contractors and make sure that all work is done in accordance with the project scope.
- You will travel abroad to provide support in the field of Control System & Instrumentation Engineering.
- Bachelor degree in Control & Instrumentation Engineering or a similar discipline.
- 5 years working experience as Control System & Instrumentation Engineer
- Preferably working experience with an end-client
- Proven experience in writing Functional Design Specifications for Control Systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS).
- Proven experience in specifying Field Instrumentation.
- Preferable experience with Shutdown Systems
- Proven software application design experience with DCS & PLC systems (preferably ABB and/or Siemens)
- Willingness to travel
- Strong communication skills in fluent English. Preferably also in Dutch.
- Direct permanent employment with leading Oil&Gas end-client
- Leading position
- International working environment
- Excellent salary and secondary benefits
- Dynamic working environment.
Interested? Suitable? Available? Let Focus Engineering know and you will be contacted.
Keywords: Control System, Instrumentation, Owner, Design Engineer, Nederland, DCS, PLC, SCADA, Zuid-Holland, Rijnmond